Usually, when you upgrade your Laptop with New operating system, say Windows 10, there’s hardly any support you get from the manufacturer. And not just manufacturers can be blamed for this, as individual OEM too don’t release new drivers for their old products, as they need to force consumers to purchase new products with further compatibility. This article is for users having Nvidia GeForce graphics card users, who are trying to upgrade their HP Pavilion series laptops to Windows 10 and not having success in getting the proper resolution because of the lack of a compatible driver.
Download Nvidia GeForce Graphics Card Driver For Windows 10 32bit
Please note, for four or more years old graphics card by Nvidia is unlikely to get an updated driver officially. But we have to make things work with available resources. The last updated driver for old Nvidia GeForce cards was compatible till Windows 8, but a long time has gone already for that. Hence, it’s not easy to use the same driver for Windows 10; however, we’ll tell you how to make that work.
- First of all, you need to ensure that you’re not doing the clean install of Windows 10 32bit and doing an upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.
If you’re already on Windows 10 by doing clean install, or tried to make any changes in the display settings, you can try installing the driver from the link given below. If it worked, that’s awesome. If not, then you’ll have to install Windows 7 back to computer, install all drivers again, and then upgrade to Windows 10 by following below given steps.
- (Optional) Take a backup of the system image and your data or create a system repair/boot disk.
- Make a bootable pen drive of Windows 10 using the Media creation tool.
- Make changes in BIOS if required to boot from a USB stick in which you have setup files of Windows 10.
- Boot using Windows 10 setup USB drive and do the usual installation of the operating system.
- As soon as you boot to the desktop, which means your Windows 10 is completely installed, Open Edge Browser and download Nvidia GeForce 309.08 Driver. Please note, this driver doesn’t support 64bit OS.
This driver adds security updates for the driver components nvlddmkm.sys and nv4_mini.sys. This driver includes security updates for NVIDIA Driver services. This driver includes a security update for the NVIDIA Display Driver service (nvvsvc.exe).
It also installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0604. Installs HD Audio v18.104.22.168. Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs. Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP. Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
- This Graphics driver supports the following products of GeForce 6 and 7 series; hence you should check from the list if you have the same graphics card before installing the driver:
GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a,
GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a,
GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i,
GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i,
GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i,
GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 620i,
GeForce 7100 GS,
GeForce 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i,
GeForce 7300 SE / 7200 GS,
GeForce 7300 LE,
GeForce 7300 GS,
GeForce 7300 GT,
GeForce 7350 LE,
GeForce 7500 LE,
GeForce 7550 LE,
GeForce 7600 LE,
GeForce 7600 GS,
GeForce 7600 GT,
GeForce 7650 GS,
GeForce 7800 GT,
GeForce 7800 GS,
GeForce 7800 GTX,
GeForce 7800 SLI,
GeForce 7900 GS,
GeForce 7900 GT/GTO,
GeForce 7900 GTX,
GeForce 7950 GT,
GeForce 7950 GX2
GeForce 6100 nForce 400,
GeForce 6100 nForce 405,
GeForce 6100 nForce 420,
GeForce 6150 LE,
GeForce 6150LE / Quadro NVS 210S,
GeForce 6150SE nForce 430,
GeForce 6200 A-LE,
GeForce 6200 LE,
GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM),
GeForce 6200SE TurboCache(TM),
GeForce 6600 GT,
GeForce 6600 LE,
GeForce 6600 VE,
GeForce 6610 XL,
GeForce 6700 XL,
GeForce 6800 GS,
GeForce 6800 GS/XT,
GeForce 6800 GT,
GeForce 6800 LE,
GeForce 6800 Ultra,
GeForce 6800 XE,
GeForce 6800 XT
- Continuing to Windows 10 installation, don’t make any changes in the settings of the operating system. This is important!
- Just download and install the driver.
- If it asks for a reboot, do it.
- Now, go to settings and check you should get the same resolution options as you always had in Windows 7 or 8.
If it worked for you, do let me know in the comments. It encourages us to write more solutions for your readers.