During the launch, Microsoft announced that the Candy Crush Saga game by King would be automatically installed in Windows 10. Services hunh? While this a big good news for gamers around the world, which remained stuck to Candy Crush Saga and were lacking it badly if having a Windows phone.
So, Microsoft had managed to bring that in the first place by secretly downloading and installing this game on your Windows 10 even without your knowledge when you upgraded your Operating System from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10. And not just Candy Crush Saga, more games from King will be available to download and install on Windows 10 very soon via Windows App Store.
And such how Microsoft found a way to get the users to get glued to Windows 10 with lots of new unwanted services like Cortana and these games. Sure, Microsoft is playing this game with lots of Smartness. So, if you’re sick of this game seeing in your computer, or don’t want that your child may be seen playing this game, here’s what you need to do in the easiest step:
How to Completely Remove Candy Crush Saga from Windows 10
Solution 1 (Easiest and Non-reliable)
Since Candy Crush Saga is not a desktop program, hence, you’ll not find that “Programs and Feature.” It’s an app installed via the Windows app store. Thus it can be uninstalled easily by right-clicking on it and selecting “Uninstall.”
- When on desktop, Press Windows key + S and when search option appears, type in candy crush saga and when the result of the game appears,
- Right-click on it and select “Uninstall.”
Or if the icon of Candy Crush Saga is already pinned to your Start Menu, right-click on it and select “Uninstall.”
Solution 2 (Most Reliable)
This game might appear again in future updates if you opted for Solution 1. To get rid of Candy Crush Saga, you need PowerShell to eradicate it. Here are the steps:
- When on Desktop, Press Windows key + S, and type in “PowerShell” and when the result of “Windows Powershell” appears, right-click on it and select “Run as Administrator.”
Do no select “Windows PowerShell ISE”, it won’t serve your purpose.
- Next, Copy paste below command and paste it at the prompt and press Enter.
Get-AppxPackage -Name king.com.CandyCrushSaga
- Look into the column of “PackageFullName” and locate the result, as shown below:
- If you find the exact string, copy the following command and paste it to the prompt on PowerShell by right-clicking on it and selecting paste:
- A colored text box would appear showing the progress and result showing the complete removal would appear within seconds.
- To verify the same, you can repeat the above command again. Nothing should appear, which confirms the removal of Candy Crush Saga.
That’s it. You’re done removing Candy Crush Saga from Windows 10. You’ll not even find it’s an icon now in Start Menu. If you want that game back, just install it from the games section from Windows Store.