If you’re a regular user of FingerPrint reader and recently after recent updates in Windows 7, you’re not able to log-on to Windows 7 using same, and fingerprint reader refuses to recognize your fingerprints intermittently when you resume your computer from sleep or hibernation, then be known that it’s a known issue and has a fix of that.
Fix Fingerprint Reader Not Working in Windows 7 When Resumed From Sleep or Hibernation
The biggest issue recently found for fingerprint readers not working in Windows 7 is because of non-receipt of correct attribute values from the fingerprint reader when you try to resume your computer from hibernation or sleep. So, in order to fix this issue, try following given solutions:
- Try your luck again before trying Solution 2 i.e., by trying to again log-in using the fingerprint reader.
- When on desktop, press Alt+F4 n number of times till you get the options of shutting down the computer. Select Sleep or Hibernate from the dropdown menu and press Enter.
- When the computer sleeps or gets hibernated, wake it up and check if the fingerprint reader is working or not. If not, head over to Solution 2.
Both Solution 1 and 2 applies for following Windows 7 editions:
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Windows 7 Enterprise
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 7 Ultimate for Embedded Systems
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Professional for Embedded Systems
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Starter
Another solution includes the disabling and enabling of the fingerprint reader. To do so, follow the given steps:
- Logon to the computer using a keyboard.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sounds.
- Locate Devices and Printers and select Device Manager.
- Locate and Expand Biometric Devices.
- Then right-click on <your fingerprint reader> and select Disable and click Yes when prompted.
- Again right-click on <your fingerprint reader> and then select Enable.
Above <your fingerprint reader> represents the actual fingerprint device name, which can vary from various device manufacturers and models. For more information on the fingerprint reader in your computer, check the device user manual which came with the product or find it on the manufacturer website online.