I am having some trouble with HP LaserJet M1212nf multi-function printer, it still copies, but every time I try to print or scan a document it doesn’t work and it shows a
Supply Memory Error 10.1000 on the display. I already tried to switch off and unplug the printer, but the problem still persists.
I previously fixed this same issue on another HP Laserjet printer model.
Remove the affected cartridge. Look at where the
chip on the cartridge hits the
reader at the rear of the machine. There are two triangular
wires which hit the
They should both be raised proud of their mount. In all cases of this error which I have dealt with (I’m a reseller) one or both have been pushed into the mount and are failing to spring out when the cartridge is removed.
This prevents the chip from being read.
Grab them and gently pull them proud again so that the inserted cartridge makes firm contact with them.
I have an HP MFP M476dw. What I did was pull out the drawer with the four cartridges in it, and on this model, there are a pair of square copper contacts on the left-top surface of each cartridge. I wiped them off with a clean cloth and gently blew compressed air all around.
I closed the drawer & door the unit prompted for a piece of paper to run a cleaning cycle (on just the black cartridge) which completed normally. It then ran a calibration cycle which completed normally.
After that, the printer went back to acting normally. For the record my black cartridge is a 3rd party unit, the other three cartridges are HP-branded.
The HP printer is a good machine but the supplies mark-up is just too high for me, so I buy 3rd party cartridges.
We have ordered three new non-HP cartridges and kept getting the supply memory error no matter what we did.
I thought some of the best suggestions, after ensuring that all protective plastic had been removed before installation, was to make sure the two contact points inside the machine were full out & the other was to make sure the contact points on the cartridges were clean.
I also checked to make sure we had an old firmware as some of the newer firmware apparently can create this problem as well.
So, what worked for me was going to
SYSTEM SETUP > SUPPLY SETTINGS > CARTRIDGE POLICY >
then choose “
Authorized HP” and everything worked again!
This menu setting seemed so counter-intuitive, but it worked.