After the latest windows update it seems a lot of us are getting around a 5-10 min wait time for explorer.exe to actually kick in, all we see is a black screen and it seems to only affect HP computers.
- Do we have any news on fixing this? reading the threads it seems some people have
- reinstalled windows and turned off auto-updates
- put their computer/laptop into hibernation whenever they are not using it
- uninstalling graphic drivers
- returning their computers for a full refund :winking_face:
Is this something HP knows about and will there be a hotfix?
It is amazing how HP is failing to come up with a solution. The problem is rooted in the Stuff that HP is loading onto the computer. Here’s how I fixed this:
notepad and include the following lines in it:
@echo off net stop appreadiness net start appreadiness exit
save the file with any name e.g.
fixblankissue.bat. The file extension has to be
.bat and not
.txt. When the save the file anywhere, its icon changes into an executable batch file.
Cut this file and paste it on the following path:
What this method will do is during windows startup next time, it will kill the service of
App Readiness and then restart it automatically.
Another method to run the batch file at startup is via creating a scheduled task to run the file (with the highest privileges) each time the user logs on. It’s almost seamless but for the black box when the command runs.