I have MS office installed, and I also have MS Visual Studio installed, but when I trying to add the reference
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll.It is nowhere to be found. I have tried reinstall Visual Studio and still cannot find it. Any help?
Do the following steps, which should be helpful in finding, adding, and using the
- Start Visual Studio.
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Project. The New Project dialog box appears.
- In the
Installed Templatespane, expand
Visual C#, and then click Windows.
- Look at the top of the New Project dialog box to make sure that
.NET Framework 4(or later version) is selected as a target framework.
- In the Templates pane, click Console Application.
- Type a name for your project in the Name field.
- Click OK.
The new project appears in Solution Explorer.
To add Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll references
- In Solution Explorer, right-click your project’s name and then click Add Reference. The Add Reference dialog box appears.
- On the Assemblies page, select
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word(optional) in the Component Name list, and then hold down the CTRL key and select
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel. If you do not see the assemblies, you may need to ensure they are installed and displayed.
- Click OK.
To Add the Reference, use the following directives:
- In Solution Explorer, right-click the
Program.csfile and then click View Code.
- Add the following
usingdirectives to the top of the code file:
using Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel; using Word = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word;