For any reason, if you liked Windows 8 Start menu with Metro interface, and are used to it. And now miss that same on Windows 10, yes there is a method to get back same interface with a small change in settings. That Windows 8 start menu was pretty intuitive for people having touch devices. They might have got to used to it and then again facing a big change in interface won’t be welcome by all. So here’s the way to get back Windows 8 Start Screen back on Windows 10:
How to Get Windows 8 Start Screen Back on Windows 10
- Open Start Menu > Settings.
- Then open System.
- Go to Tablet mode tab and,
- Slide “ON” to “Make Windows more Touch-Friendly when using your Device as a tablet“.
- Another setting you can choose below, if you want to “Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode“. That’s totally your personal choice.
Another way to access “Tablet Mode” is via “Action Center“. On extreme right of Taskbar, there is an icon of Notifications. Click that, it’ll open up with list of notifications and “Action Center”. You can toggle settings of “Tablet Mode” from there.
Another way to set Full Screen Menu is by making a small change in Personalization.
- Go to Start Menu > Settings.
- Open Personalization
- Navigate to Start Tab.
- Slide ON setting “Use Start Screen”.
- Return to Start Menu and now you can drag it to occupy full screen space as shown below.
Please note, this method is not that touch friendly compared to what Windows 10 offers in Solution 1 i.e. using interface alike of Windows 8.