During the launch, Microsoft announced that Candy Crush Saga game by King would be automatically installed in Windows 10. Services hunh? While this a big good news for gamers around the world which remains sticked to Candy Crush Saga and were lacking it badly if having Windows phone.
So, Microsoft has managed to brought that on first place by secretly downloading and installing this game on your Windows 10 even without your knowledge when you upgraded your Operating System from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10. And not just Candy Crush Saga, more games from King will be available to download and install on Window 10 very soon via Windows App Store.
And such how, Microsoft found a way to get the users get glued to Windows 10 with lots of new unwanted services like Cortana and these games. Sure, Microsoft is playing this game with lots of Smartness. So, if you’re sick of this game seeing in your computer, or don’t want that your child may be seen playing this game, here’s what you need to do in easiest step:
How to Completely Remove Candy Crush Saga from Windows 10
Solution 1 (Easiest and Non-reliable)
Since, Candy Crush Saga is not a desktop program, hence, you’ll not find that “Programs and Feature“. It’s an app installed via Windows app store, hence it can be uninstalled easily by right clicking on it and selecting “Uninstall“.
- When on desktop, Press Windows key + S and when search option appear, type in candy crush saga and when result of game appears,
- Right click on it and select “Uninstall“.
Or if icon of Candy Crush Saga is already pinned to your Start Menu, right click on it and select “Uninstall“.
Solution 2 (Most Reliable)
This game might can appear again in future updates again if you opted for Solution 1. In order to get rid of Candy Crush Saga completely, you need PowerShell to completely remove it. Here are the steps:
- When on Deskop, Press Windows key + S, and type in “powershell” and when result of “Windows Powershell” appears, right click on it and select “Run as Administrator“.
Do no select “Windows PowerShell ISE”, it won’t serve your purpose.
- Next, Copy paste below command and paste it at the prompt and press Enter.
Get-AppxPackage -Name king.com.CandyCrushSaga
- Look into the column of “PackageFullName” and locate the result as shown below:
- If you find the exact string, copy following command and paste it to the prompt on PowerShell by right clicking on it and selecting paste:
- A colored text box would appear showing the progress and end result showing the complete removal would appear within seconds.
- To verify the same, you can repeat the above command again. Nothing should appear, which confirms the removal of Candy Crush Saga.
That’s it. You’re done removing Candy Crush Saga from Windows 10. You’ll not even find it’s icon now in Start Menu. If you want that game back, just install it from games section from Windows Store.